Tuesday 12 January 2010

Feeling a bit 'under the weather' today, with aches and pains and sore throat. Still did the radio show, however, but had a nap this afternoon. Taught a couple of students, but didn't go out to Ladies' Choir start-up. Natalie finished Aiden's quilt top today. It is absolutely beautiful. Will post pics once we get them downloaded. Aiden is still using lots of Kleenex with his cold, but is in general good spirits. Having some difficulty getting him to eat, however. Nat downloaded an eating guide and is finding it quite informative and will implement the suggestions. She's been here two weeks tomorrow; five more to go. Now we're going to get into scrapbooking and the stickers and paper and pictures are ready. I will watch her for awhile; not sure if I have the energy to go through all our pictures over the past 33 years!

Last year this day, January 12th, I started my first chemotherapy. I have thought of this several times over the past few days. It's a strange feeling. I try not to dwell on it, but that I'm alive and going strong. Sometimes fear creeps in as I remember, and when you don't feel well, your mind tends to imagine 'things' about your health. I announced some 'fear' verses on the radio show and talked about it a bit. I must always remember that God has seen me through this trial, and He will continue to see me through.

Off to bed for some refreshing sleep!

No comments: