Saturday 9 January 2010

A Hubbub of Activity

Saturday has a feel to it, doesn't it? Anything could happen on a Saturday. This is what's happened so far. Went to the radio station and did Barry Sullivan's show (The Bear), as he was unavailable and called me yesterday asking me to take over. The Mac doing the Bear's show. Randy and Sandra came by and we went to lunch at Beairsto's restaurant. Doug and Randy took off looking for computer answers, and Sandra and I proceeded to the Superstore, where I ended up talking with an old friend by the crates of Pepsi. It was a God-ordained visit, for sure. Sandra found me and we met up with Linda. "Come up to the Soul Cafe for tea." So they did. Doug went to get sand for the driveway as Sandra was afraid to drive the car into the hockey rink we have for a driveway. Linda went back home to retrieve her computer and Doug is now teaching her computer skills and updating things for her. They are currently trying to Skype her husband down in North Carolina. They got him...I hear them talkin' in the music room. Natalie is also in the music room, with a sewing studio set up. She is creating a quilt for Aiden when he moves into his 'big boy bed.' Aiden and I are in the living room surrounded by toys and Veggie Tales. Soup is on the stove and computers are everywhere. I wonder if we'll get a bigger house to house all these activities? The house has exploded with technology, crafts, musical instruments and babies. Never did we realize when we moved here six years ago, how much activity would go on here!

And it's only 4:30 pm. Must go and write a column or two. Another opportunity today: write a bi-monthly devotional column for a local magazine. So, I guess I'll work on that, and some more radio devotional spots, and look at my show for Monday. Then the soup might be ready. Perhaps we'll go to Sandra's for dessert tonight.

Carolyn, our associate, is having an open house for her new gym opening. She is very excited, and I'm excited to go out tomorrow and see it. Lots of stuff happening everywhere. Opportunities abound for 2010!

No comments: