Saturday 23 January 2010

Friday Night Late!

The family meal was a hullabaloo, with a few tantrums thrown in for good measure. Two tables in two rooms, quite an obstacle course to get around. It took me a long time to eat my meal due to babysitting and putting out 'fires' amongst the two youngest ones. Seems to be a power struggle there. Very funny.

Afton and Jack played library in my office and basically took all the books off the shelves and piled them in neat piles. I went to the 'library' and asked what their names were: Jack was 'Killis' and Afton was "Kelly,", so I decided to be "Megan." Kelly told us that she loved this library, as "you get out books and keep them for the rest of your life." They told me they had been working there for 60 weeks, as they stood side by side, as if they really had their own library. I love their imagination. They were very proud of their library, and said they had a public washroom down the hall. So cute! I spend quite a bit of time in the library and then read a book to Killis, Kelly and Aiden, who appeared in pajamas (since it WAS his bedroom). I loved the confusion, and all the toys scattered throughout the house. Everywhere you step there is a toy or a baby, or a piece of food. Jed & Granny Clampett left to go play dominoes, and Doug's parents retired to their home for the night, probably glad to get out of the confusion.

After the babies were put to bed in various places, the house filled up with new arrivals, and they just left our abode at 1 am....I heard Holly say she knew it was late, but didn't want to go. We were having fun. Party people: Holly & Jay, Becky, Jon & Alicia, Natalie, Scott & Jo Everett, me and Doug.

We talked about various and sundry things together in the living room, finished up the dessert, the guys moved to the kitchen to have guy talk and deep conversation. The girls talked girl stuff and played a game of Cranium. I ate clementines and oranges every time I had a hot flash (a new form of therapy I devised; not sure it works). Shared my oranges with Holly, who is pregnant, and required something 'savoury' in the evening. Nat took care of her request with cheese & crackers. Everytime we congregate in this house to visit, we eat constantly. Must be the Soul Cafe.

Doug wants to go to bed, but doesn't know where to lie down because there's a baby at the foot of our bed in a playpen and one in our bed. Now I hear a baby crying. Well, must go to bed because Natalie is on the couch and wants to go to sleep, I think. I must make my way up the wooden stairs and see if there is a baby in my bed. Perhaps it's only Doug.

A long day, this fabulous Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is NO way I can stay up that late anymore! I barely made it to midnight on new year's eve, and that was the first time I stayed up that late in a LONG time!

Krista