Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Years!

This past week has certainly been a whirlwind. I hardly remember any of it! It was the fastest Chrismas I had, I think. I worked too much, me thinks. It was nice to visit with Cheryl and Allan the other day in Saint John while awaiting Natalie's flight from Manitoba. And a surprise adventure out to see Barb Mackey -- did I ever surprise her! And then to be surprised while I was shopping at the Quispamsis Superstore for new socks and turned the corner to see Angie Murphy and three of her five kids staring me in the face! Only God could arrange all the stuff that happened the day Nat came home. And I still haven't told you about the missing pear and the fox deceiv'd....remind me, will you?

Hope you're having a quiet New Years Day. We are, although Doug had to 'snake' the bathtub drain, as it was plugged. Aiden was sleeping, Nat had gone for a winter's nap, and I was doing radio show research. This is the FIRST day in MONTHS that I have been at home ALL DAY. Why, I am still in my PJs! We had a quiet New Years Eve --Doug and I went to the radio station for a 'live' event from 6 to 8 pm, where I sang and played my guitar, and provided harmony for other artists. Came home and Nat searched the house for small gifts I had wrapped and provided clues for. Randy & Sandra came over and we ate and ate, then watched Jim Carrey in "A Series of Unfortunate Events," which I subjected people to watch last year this time. A strange and eccentric movie, for sure.

The Soul Cafe radio show is going well, and I love it! A big learning curve this fall, for sure, and I thank the people who have been teaching me this new 'career': Rick Green, Ross Ingram and Gord Wilson. Who would believe that I would be a radio DJ? Only God -- He works His wonders, for sure.

We're heading up to Jon & Alicia's tomorrow, weather permitting, for a 'hullabaloo,' I call it -- it will be wild with four children under five running around! And the sleeping arrangements, well, that will be another story, I'm sure.

Nat and Aiden are headed out to the in-laws for the evening and Doug and I will settle down for a nice movie (Sandra Bullock's new one). Must go have a cup of espresso to wake me up. Perhaps the headache I woke up with will take a flight. I'm leavin' the PJs on ALL day. Are you?

No comments: