Thursday 11 March 2010

Celebrate Your Name

This week is "Celebrate Your Name" week, and today was "Name Tag Day." Yesterday was find out what your name means day. My name is Deborah, a Hebrew name meaning "bee." I reported all these things on the radio the last couple of days. Tomorrow is middle name day, I think. It's interesting coming up with things to report and make the show interesting, as well as updating people on the artists. I like to remain creative however, and somedays...really need to pray for God's help for creativity...

Today a man from Des Moines, Iowa called the station to talk to me. Said I made his mornings. How nice. That was encouraging. It's very strange for me to report into 'the air' so to speak, not knowing if anyone is listening. But then people will stop me or I'll hear that someone likes the show. That keeps me going, I guess. It certainly is a different venue, and I do enjoy it.

Getting ready for Bible study in the morning -- teaching Romans -- anyone want to come? The Soul Cafe Live edition.

Having a private retreat this weekend at Greenhill Lake Camp. The Nomad ministry team is coming together to refresh, reconnect, seek the Lord and plan for the future. Pray for us, will you? We hope to plan more retreats -- stay tuned. We have the Lakeside Sanctuary all to ourselves. We can't wait to be together again. Have a great weekend.

Made up an acronym with the letters of my name today (as part of Celebrate Your Name Week activities). Here's what I came up with, and I challenge you to do the same.... what could you come up with that describes you?

D Daring
E Eager
B 'Bee-like'

Celebrate your name!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the lovely, lovingly creative ways you found to celebrate with us. Thank you too for encouraging others to participate as you did. Your blog is beautiful!

Jerry, founder CYNW
http://www.namesuniverse.com

Jerry Hill, founder CYNW said...

Thank you very much for the lovely, lovingly creative ways you found to celebrate with us. Thank you too for encouraging others to participate as you did. Your blog is beautiful!

Jerry, founder CYNW
http://www.namesuniverse.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the inadvertent double posting. Perhaps you can delete the unintended "anonymous" version? Thanks you.