Saturday 27 March 2010

I still feel like I'm in a fog. Although I've been very busy this week, it seems to be hard to concentrate. Grief does that, I guess. I keep thinking about Doug's Dad (John) and see his picture on the funeral bulletin posted by the flowers. Our house is full of flowers -- beautiful flowers, a memory of his life -- a dedicated father and grandfather. Doug had a dream about his dad last night -- a good dream -- that his father couldn't get home, but he was nearby. Doug has never dreamt about his dad before, so that was comforting to him.

Today we went on a Fredericton adventure and encountered many people to chat with -- the market for smoothie, Mexican cheese, Buffalo sausage, roasted cinnamon pecans; to Second Cup for caramello coffee; to Rogers store to check out techie stuff; to Thrift King for a VGA cable (whatever that is); to Reads Newstand to talk to Rick Green (another radio host friend/mentor) and drink Red Tea; and Superstore for a few groceries. Home for a sleep on the couch and then picked up Doug's mom to take her to Salvation Army church for a concert to honor Ross & Paul (owners of CJRI). Many gospel artists sang. I helped present a plaque to them, and sat for most of the evening with my eyes closed enjoying the music. Then to cousin C & W's after we got home for 7up and cake.

This morning I prayed for divine appointments and we had many today...I like making connections with people -- who knows how we can touch a life? And isn't this what it is all about? Loving God and loving others? I keep reminding myself about that when I get a bit confused about the purpose of life. You remind me, too, K?

No comments: