Tuesday 2 March 2010

Is it Tuesday Already?

I wanted to go see the Superchicks after doing my radio show today, but decided to do errands instead. You can't do everything, I guess. I wish I could be everywhere and anywhere all the time. This side of heaven it isn't possible. I've been saying I would visit the Superchicks for a couple of years now, and have only made one surprise visit there. If you don't know who they are, just go to Keswick and look for their cars on Tuesday afternoon. They are quite a bunch, and someday I want to be in their 'coop' with them.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Becky H., who will celebrate her birthday tomorrow (I believe?). Becky and Natalie have been friends since birth, you know.

Lynda L. came over this afternoon and we started work on a website for her. Stay tuned for that address when it becomes available. Tonight, a womens' quartet came by to practice for the next "Come as You Are" event late March. Max stayed for a cup of tea after the meeting. I think I should have 'open visitor' hours in this house a couple of evenings a week -- you could just drop in and have a cuppa. Could call it "The Little House in the Wildwood," "A Cottage in the Woods," or stay with the old name, "The Soul Cafe." Anyone want to come over? We discuss any and all topics and serve great coffee, tea and snacks (when available). Or we could call it "Come as You Are to the Soul Cafe" Cafe.

I think I'm a bit delirious, but it IS Dr. Seuss's birthday today. I announced a lot of trivia about him today and read a few quotes. Check out the sidebar on the website where I posted a Seuss quote.

Do you like Green Eggs & Ham? Or Cat in the Hat? I do. Some of my favorite books are Seuss books. One of the things about Seuss is that he uses trisyllabic words for effect, and it worked. Perhaps I'll use one now: "pendulum." I need to go to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We had fun at Superchicks-you should come ! I love reading those books too,rhymes make it so much easier to read aloud.