Sunday 8 May 2011

My aunt passed away on Thursday night. Yesterday was the visiting hours at Britton's Funeral Home and today is the funeral at Coldstream Baptist Church (3 o'clock).

This weekend has been a very tiring and difficult one, to say the least. Mom and Dad traveled up river early Saturday morning. I've been leading music at St. Margaret's Anglican Church in Fredericton (with help from my ministry partners) on Friday night, and again on Saturday night. I also drove myself up to Hartland and back in the afternoon to the funeral home (along with a side trip to see the grandchildren for an hour). I had three hours by myself to reflect on life, dying, and remembering my aunt.

This morning I lead music at Morning Gate Church, then we drive up to Coldstream to the funeral. Cousin Wayne is the funeral director for our dear aunt. I can't understand how he can do what he had to do for Aunt Naida -- preparing her body and all. It takes a special type of person to do what he does. Thank you, Wayne. You are a gift from God.

After the funeral, we will travel back to Fredericton and I will lead worship at St. Margaret's healing conference. It's been a whirlwind weekend.

Monday is a long day as well -- I'm praying for strength. Dr. Christie at 9 am for my annual exam, the gym trainer at 1:30, and Dr. Bryden for my 4 month check-up. Once again, I am discussing the possibility of a prophylactic mastectomy with her. Do I have it done or don't I? That is the big question.

For today, however, it is about my aunt and singing to and for my wonderful Lord, who gets me through EVERYTHING.

No comments: