Monday 9 May 2011

Well, we got through the weekend. Traveling to Hartland and back twice, singing and playing the piano til all hours of the night at the healing conference at St. Margaret's church. And mourning the loss of my dear aunt, my mom's sister (17 months older than Mom). Made some connections with cousins I haven't seen for awhile as well, at the reception after the funeral. She was a dear woman, for sure, and she loved people, especially children, teaching so many children to swim over the years that she earned "Woman of the Year" award at the Hartland Potato Festival. She will be surely be missed by everyone who knew her.

Today was a day of being prodded and pulled, both by the doctors and Denis, my trainer at the gym. Felt like I'm making my body my slave kind of thing, like Paul says. Anyway -- Dr. Bryden, my wonderful surgeon, was very pleased with how my scar tissue has been stretched by what I've been doing at the gym. She said it was nice and soft now, but warned me about not going too heavy on the weights at the gym, so that I won't contract lymphedema in my arm. I'll have a little talk with trainer man in the morning.

We also talked about me having a prophylactic mastectomy (yet again), and she told me to wait til October (again) until after my 3rd year mammogram. I walked out of the office with my head held high. Thank you for praying.

Tonight after I teach, Doug and I are going to Doris' to watch a CNN special on Alzheimer's. I'm not really looking forward to it, but need to be informed.

No comments: