Monday 16 May 2011

A Rug and a Wild Bird Seed Bra




Ruthie and her new rug from my home. I guess it's exactly what she needed -- matches everything in her living room. I remember a couple of years ago when I gave my microwave to Angie from Norton. You never know what might happen here.

Why, just a few moments ago, a nurse came and showed me a new type of prosthetic, made out of 100% cotton, filled with wild bird seed and essential oils. A 92-year-old woman named Ruby G. has been making them for years, and this young nurse is going to try and market them. So I am a tester -- I like to think of myself as a 'cover girl.' Maybe like Jane Russell and the 24hour bra. Remember that? I'm wondering about something, though. What if the birds of the air take a liking to the bird seed inside my bra? Finches, chickadees, hawks, eagles, ravens, starlings. Oh dear.

The things that happen here in this house. Honestly. You just never know, do you?

No comments: