Tuesday 5 May 2009

Aiden has been sick the past few days with an ear infection and gastrointestinal upset. We've spent a lot of time cleaning up the floor, people and furniture the last few days! He started to feel a bit better later this afternoon, but thankfully went to bed early, as he kept pulling everything off every surface he could find. When baby doesn't feel well, the whole household is a bit disrupted. Tomorrow will be better, I'm sure.

I had a bit more energy today and went for a few walks – by myself in the strawberry fields this morning, with S. this afternoon, this evening with D. Although I find I have to pace myself and try and not go too far. Thankfully there are benches on the walking trail. S. told me she always had to rest on a bench when she went for a walk with her mother, too. Thanks, S. Funny. Someday, I'll be walkin' with the best of 'em!

Afton told me on Saturday that I was going to have "clogs of curly hair." Not sure what a clog is, but I guess I'll find out. I asked her what colour it would be and she said, "brown and black," but not orange like her other grandmother's (her other grandmother's hair is not 'orange' but she does have a bit of 'red' in it). She also emphatically told me on Saturday before the concert that I couldn't go to 'church' without hair. I explained that I went everywhere without hair, but she seemed to find it hard to grasp how I could possibly go to church without hair. She stood by the side of my bed and flailing her arms out, exclaimed, "Well, just get a wig and wear it!" I told her it was too expensive and besides, I would be too hot wearing a wig. She just rolled her eyes as if to say, "Oh, Gram Deb, you just don't understand fashion, do you?"

I have my date for starting radiation – Wednesday, May 27, finishing on Wednesday, June 17th. I have to go to Saint John on May 20th to get markings done on my skin with magic markers or something. That happens to be our 31st wedding anniversary. What a way to spend it! Maybe I can request that they write the number "31" on my chest along with the other markings, just to celebrate it in a unique way. I'm starting radiation earlier than I expected, so that's good. I'll be done mid June rather than the end of June. Then it's summer! I'll be done before the first day of summer! Bless the Lord, O my soul.

1 comment:

mrsmoosie04 said...

Oh Gram Deb...lol!