Tuesday 26 May 2009

Europe, Anyone?

My suitcase is packed and I'm ready to go. Where to, you ask? To my version of Europe -- Saint John (at least that's how I want to view Saint John). Not leavin' on a jet plane tomorrow, but traveling to Saint John with Pilot Doug in my jet car. Radiation at 10:30 a.m., then planning on meeting Wendy (who is a breast cancer survivor) somewhere for coffee, then off to Cheryl's B & B (The Oasis) for the remainder of the week. I hope to be able to do some blogging while in Europe, so stay tuned.

Today was a day of activity with many people here at The Soul Cafe. I love it when it's a happenin' place. Pastor Patrick brought a wonderful salmon dinner that his beautiful bride, Mercy, cooked. She certainly showed mercy to us in preparing it for us, what with her huge family and demanding schedule!

Tonight, 91 year old Sid, our neighbour who likes to hang out on the lawn of The Cafe, brought me a bouquet of lily-of-the-valley flowers. What a beautiful fragrance they send out.

Remember the 'blue light special' at K-Mart? (For those of you old enough to remember). Well, I have my own version of the 'blue light special,' and I don't have to go to K-Mart to experience it. I look out my window and see the blue-light decorated wreaths that Cousins C & W, and the Janet White #2 family display on their houses every night for me to see. I look at them every night and think, 'My light is still burning. I'm still alive. Thank you, God." Those blue lights are special to me. And when I go to bed, I look out at my lawn to see the still-living Christmas tree decorated with multicoloured lights, still burning brightly (the OT Director placed it there before Christmas).

Well, I'm in my PJ's, but we must trek across the lawn to Cuz C & W's, to wish Will a happy 'significant' birthday. I see the balloons beckoning us on their patio.

Happy Significant Birthday, Will.

Thanks to all of you for continuing to pray as I go to 'Europe' to get some 'sun.'

No comments: