Sunday 10 May 2009

We're on the Mend

This is Mother's Day and these two mothers are feeling a bit better, after having survived a terrible bout of flu. I still have very low energy and any exertion tires me out. I'm still on a very limited diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast, soft stuff and lots of Gatorade). Wow, we were sick and lost a couple of days out of our life (sleeping). We noticed today that the leaves on the trees came out while we were sleeping.

Jon and Alicia and the kids came down for the afternoon/evening to buy a piano and visit with us. They bought me a spirea for my yard. I love plants and gardens, and can't wait 'til I can dig in the soil. Doug and Jon just went to hoist their new piano on the back of a truck. Natalie and Alicia are eating rice pudding that Nat cooked. (If you haven't tried this pudding yet, check it out on the website). Afton and Jack are watching "Bob the Builder." Aiden is sleeping, and Ivy is driving a car around the house.

Natalie goes back to Manitoba early Tuesday morning. Pray that we can separate from each other again.

No comments: