Tuesday 12 May 2009

Back to Manitoba

Natalie and Aiden left this morning on the 7:00 plane. As I write this, they are still traveling home to Manitoba. What a long day for a mom and her precious baby. I, too, have had a long day. Been up since 5 a.m., and traveling all day around the perimeter of the city so I didn't have to come home to a lonely house. Since yesterday, I have shed many tears and have been trying to pull myself together. We love our daughter dearly and are so fortunate and blessed to have had her here for so many weeks during my surgery and treatment. We thank her for her sacrifice in making the huge effort to travel here with Aiden. Today I kept thinking of her as 'brave.' I want to be like her. We thank our beloved son-in-law, Josh, for allowing her so much time with her family.

Now I am waiting for a phone call to hear her voice -- that she is safe and sound. I'm sure she is tired. I know I'm exhausted, so much so that I forgot to eat since breakfast.

I need a day without crying. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: