Monday 25 May 2009

WEEKEND

We went to Grand Manan for the weekend. It was refreshing to get away, and I was refreshed. We stayed at Q's (see her pic at bottom of blog). They are truly hospitable and generous people. Many other people stayed there this weekend as well. There were special meetings at her church. Dave Basson from South Africa was speaking, and he encouraged me in prayer and words all weekend long. I truly felt uplifted and encouraged by the love of God this weekend. Thanks, Q, for your generosity and love.

I went for a walk on the walking trail this morning -- from my house to the Stone Bridge. I bit off more than I could chew and didn't think I was going to make it back. I was really desiring a cell phone about halfway home, and sat down on a bench to regain strength. It was like a marathon to me (Dusty, you could relate, having just completed 22 kms of running? I can't wait to be able to do that!). But I made it home, took the clothes off the line, and now am going to enjoy a new delicacy I have concocted: a toasted asparagus, tomato and cheese sandwich with mayo. I'm sure a rest will be needed this afternoon!

One more day in town before going to Saint John for radiation. I will be staying at Cheryl's house for the rest of the week.

No comments: