Friday 4 September 2009

Belated 50th Birthday Party

Had a gathering on Thursday night. Didn't know it involved a birthday cake. Q from Grand Manan made a turtle cheesecake, Nat. Your favorite. At my birthday parties, anything can happen. A couple of the girls helped hang my new curtains. Some of them are quite flexible, as you can see.

We are off to Ponderosa Pines at Hopewell Cape for the long weekend. Jed and Granny, Jon & Alicia and kids, and Becky & Stephen and kids are going. It's a camping trip/bicycle trip. I will bike as well (for a time, anyway).

Had a blood test and a bone densitometry scan this morning before 9 o'clock. Spent the rest of the day packing the RV. Thank you for your prayers. I have seen a huge difference since you all began to pray for me again. Please don't stop praying for me, as I continue in recovery. Now I understand when I heard pastors say "I covet your prayers." The other day, I went to the gym and met with a personal trainer, who put me through a battery of tests. I didn't do so hot, but hey, I've been through a bit, I think. He was very positive, and I'm going to have 12 sessions with a trainer to get me back on track -- flexible and fit. My motto is still "Fit at 50." Then it will be "Fitter at 51."

Have a great labour day weekend, everyone. Don't work too hard.
!Deb


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a better belated birthday celebration than your real birthday :( Sorry about that :)

Nat

Anonymous said...

By the way... You look "Great"!!

Love,

S.S. Sis

Anonymous said...

Hey Nat,

I had a GREAT birthday with you, too. It wasn't your fault you fell down the stairs. What was important was that I was with YOU, not what we DID.

Mom
x0