Tuesday 22 September 2009

I had a wonderful weekend at Camp Tulakadik, where I led a retreat called "More Than a Survivor," along with members of the Nomad team. It was a small and intimate group, and we set up the room like a living room. We sang, shared stories, shed a few tears (I certainly did, anyway), and encouraged one another. It was a blessed time. And very healing and cathartic for me, as it was the first time since last year that I led a retreat and was able to lead worship and teach the Bible. Thanks to those who were there – it was a healing time for me. To know that God could and would still use me in this way. And to use you to help me and others to 'process' what we have survived in the past year.

Had an appointment today with Saffire, my personal trainer. It feels SO good to push my body and have her encourage me on. Had a sleep on the verandah this afternoon, after talking with Nat for an hour. Doug is home sick today – he got my cold, and he had a sleep in the RV. Now we're off to Max's for a roast beef dinner (this Friday is my blood test), and then I'm off to the Ladies' Choir.

If you get a chance, check out Psalm 116. I read it this morning and it really blessed me.

No comments: