Monday 28 September 2009

Manic Monday

Just another manic Monday. The workhorse Mama came up this morning. She tackled the spare room and the upstairs bathroom. I spent most of the morning in the laundry room, doing laundry, straightening shelves and basically having a sauna as the dryer whirred away. We stopped work around 2:30. Did some banking and came home for a short rest, before teaching for the first time since last year. Had four students this evening -- music in the house again. Drums drumming, piano plunking, even a trombone tromboning, and singing with students as well. Then I headed up to Doug's parents to spend a bit of time with Joy and nephew Nicholas, who I call "Aloicious" (sp?). They are leaving on a jet plane in the morning.

I played the piano last evening for a long time at the Nazarene Church concert, and sang one piece at the end. I received a standing ovation after I sang. I guess I sang my heart out or something. I love to sing and play. It's good to have the music back in my life again.

Well, must go to bed -- it's early, but I'm tired. My second day at work -- yesterday was my first. Years ago, one of my students said to me, "Mrs. Mac, YOU are MUSIC." I guess she's right. I've missed music and everything it entails. Thank you, God, for restoring music to my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear about your day. It seems so "normal"... gotta love it!!

Love you,


S.S. Sis

Pippin said...

Wonderful, Deb- keeping up with your progress - hope to see you sometime soon.