Thursday 10 September 2009

Doctor Visit

I had a call from Dr. Grant this morning, saying that my chest x-ray was clear. I felt encouraged. Then I went to Dr. Broad at the oncology unit. I told her about my symptoms with pain and she said that is from the medication I'm on to prevent me from producing estrogen. She prescribed a carpal tunnel apparatus for me to wear for six weeks. The drug causes swelling as well, and my fingers are numb on my right hand. OK, that's not a problem. I can do that. She is scheduling another mammogram since I've not had once since last October. Then she told me that my white blood cell count is down. Remember all those times it was down during chemo? It's been going down all summer and she said it might be that I've been fighting infection in my body. I did have a chest infection after radiation, but didn't take antbiotics for it. In April my count was 5.2, but July 31st blood test was 2.9, and last week's was 2.1. So I have to have blood tests every two weeks for the next while to see if it comes up on its own. If it doesn't, I have to have a bone marrow test.

Of course, I wasn't expecting this and I almost fainted in the office. Fear is not a good thing. I wanted good news today. I'm baffled by this, as I've been doing so much -- biking, walking, going out west, etc. So, I'm calling all you people of prayer again to pray that my white cell count goes so far up that it could only be God's doing. My next blood test is Sept 25th, then October 8th.

And to continue to pray for peace and courage -- these I NEED to function. No FEAR. As I've always said, you could do anything if you didn't have fear -- even parachute.

Bless the Lord. Jessica is making me pot roast tonight, as that's what I did before -- ate red meat, and it seems that's what Brenda told me to do, too, earlier in the year. Max is going to make me roast beef on Sept 23. Now I just need to find a roast beef dinner for next week -- perhaps I'll ask my mother.

Thanks for holding me up, everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for total health! With God it's possible, keep believing that!

Love,
Krista

Anonymous said...

I'm with Krista... praying for "TOTAL HEALTH"!!!

Love,

S.S. Sis