Wednesday 9 September 2009

Labour Day Weekend

I got home today from my extended Labour Day Weekend holiday. I took a side trip to Nurse Cherry's house for a couple of days, as I had an appointment with Dr. Nancy Grant this morning. She's my radiation oncologist. She came in the room and said, "Oh, I love your hair!" I told her I was going to get it cut today, because yesterday at Value Village, the cashier asked me if I qualified for the senior discount. She examined me and sent me for a chest x-ray, and said for me to get back to work, see you in one year. I came to Fredericton and waited patiently at my hairdresser's until she could cut my hair. My first hair cut of my new baby hair at 50 years old.

I will post pictures of the weekend that we had on the Fundy Coast. It was one of the best weekends I've ever had. I'm in the RV right now, and just woke up from an evening nap. Must go and travel down the road with Doug on another mission.

Tomorrow morning, I go see Dr. Broad (family doc in oncology) at the hospital. She will have the results of the bone densitometry test. This month, I go from doctor to doctor, and I'm all right with that. Perhaps I'll drop in and see K.

Thanks again to Byard and Linda, the Century Farmers for their auction in August on my behalf. I took a cheque to CIBC Run for the Cure last week, for Team Dancing Queen. If you would like to donate to our team, email me and I'll tell you how. (debmac88@yahoo.ca).

Bye for now. I'll install the pics when I can find the computer cord.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Deb... it was bound to happen sooner or later. I was in a restaurant this summer and never noticed until I went to pay for my meal that the waitress had given me the seniors discount.