Sunday 27 September 2009

It's me -- I just realized I hadn't written for a couple of days. Busy weekend. Doug's father's 80th birthday celebration at Aunt Ruby's. Probably 30 people all jammed into her living room/dining room eating pot luck. So fun! Today, I played in church for the first time with a great group of university students -- I think we should go on the road. It was awesome to be with them again, and then to go into the high school class and explore the Bible. Tonight, we're going to the Nazarene Church at 7, and I get to play the piano for an old fashioned hymn sing, sing a song or two myself and be on the slate with Joey Knight and friends. Jon and Alicia, Afton, Jack and Ivy were here overnight and the house exploded once again -- beds and toys everywhere. We love it. Tomorrow I start to teach music again. What a blessing to live.

Thanks for all the prayers; continue to pray my white blood cell count back to normal. Love you all...

PS: Natalie, Amy and friends in The Pas had a bake sale and Home Hardware BBQ yesterday and raised over $600. for the Run. I hope to post pictures as soon as Amy emails them to me. They had a blast all week, baking and preparing. Natalie felt like a 'greaseball' after she got done the BBQ, as she grilled over five dozen hot dogs and eight dozen hamburgers. Wow, Nat -- you're a grillin' workhorse! Thanks, northern friends, for all your efforts for our "Team Dancing Queen." One more week til the Run for the Cure. Our team has raised approx. $7,000. including the northern division!

No comments: