Monday 14 September 2009

I'm still here. It's late Monday night. Spent the weekend at the Falls Brook Fair up outside Knowlesville, wherever that is. Near Coldstream, if you know where that is. Doug and I felt like we were in the 70's. Barefoot people with ankle bracelets, in love with the creation instead of the creator. We took in some music in the barn, and listened to a toothless professor teach about how to make a solar cell. Very interesting. Ate corn from a boiling cauldron, and I drank spruce ice tea which tasted like it sounds. Toured three straw bale houses and watched logs being made into rough sawn lumber. Went to church on Sunday morning in Florenceville with Jon & Alicia and kids. Came home late Sunday night and went to sleep in the RV, which is where we are again tonight. Don't want to go in the house and sleep. I feel safe in here -- a contained space.

Dealt with fear in a major way since Thursday, but I can feel your prayers. I've received many people telling me different quotes and verses, and I appreciate these so much. I've been on my knees and in constant prayer myself. I had counseling on Friday morning by a reputable Christian counselor. Imagine that -- me the amateur counselor getting counseling. Cried the whole session. He said I am definitely grieving and going through post traumatic stuff. Breastcancer.org states this is entirely normal, and usually shows up about three months after the treatment is done.

Anyway, I must go to bed. Tomorrow is another full day, as this one was, and I won't even attempt to tell you what I did today. You can just guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Deb,
Welcome home :) I know all about Fear...and I will be praying for you. I pray His presence and His love completely overwhelm you..liquid love...so much so that you are completely wrecked in Him :) ( night and day and day and night!)
Love ya,
Sandy N.