Thursday 24 December 2009

Christmas Memory

Rick Green (CJRI) called me today and asked me to write a special Christmas memory, which will be aired later today on the station. Here it is:


 

I have many special Christmas memories, but I think the one I love the most is this:

When my grandparents on my mother's side were still living, we would gather together during Christmas week and share a potluck meal and exchange gifts. All my aunts and uncles and cousins were in the house – what a time of happy confusion!

Sometime during the evening, Aunt Muriel would start to 'tickle the ivories' and that piano would ring out, calling us to SING!

We would gather 'round the piano and croon carols and Christmas songs for a couple of hours – with four part harmony, as aunts, uncles and cousins sang the old favorites of the season.

I especially liked "Silver Bells," "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire," and "Winter Wonderland." I still remember how beautiful our voices sounded as we sang
into the night. And I treasured every note . We were and still are a family that loves to sing. I thank God for that memory and the gift of SONG.


 

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE – WE PRAY THAT THE GOD OF PEACE VISIT YOU THIS SEASON.

!Deb and !Doug

X0x0x0

No comments: