Wednesday 30 December 2009

Nurse Cherry's 'Report'

First Came The Word and Then The Signs and Wonders


Don’t doubt the Lord and His words to you, even if you don’t understand right then or it doesn’t seem to make sense.
On Sept. 16/09 the Lord sent a word to me through a person who was praying for me—he said during the prayer “you have a care---heavy on your heart---that will soon disappear ---a family member perhaps.
At the time of this prayer it didn’t make sense to me. But I held onto the word in my heart.
On Oct. 19 my mom had a breast biopsy. That afternoon as I was driving to mom’s house, a song came on the Christian radio station. I don’t know the name of it but as it was playing I knew it was significant. It had a line in it that said “you don’t always get a chance to say goodbye”. I felt encouraged by this. Then that evening at my house, when I was getting ready to start supper I looked out the window in my kitchen and saw a full rainbow. I remember saying out loud “thank you Lord, you are showing me something, I know. A sign of hope”.
Such overwhelming peace started that day. Phil.4:7 says‘the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus’. Verse 9 says ‘and the God of peace will be with you’.
This is so true. I have never had such peace in my whole life. At a time when in the natural I could have been crying and losing sleep, instead, I had so much peace that I felt like laughing hysterically. Beyond my wildest imagination! As each Dr’s appointment, surgery date and result time came the peace continued. So many people were praying for us. Now when you have peace like this, you know that God has supplied it.
On Dec. 7 the first results came in- no lymph node involvement, cancer well contained and removed, no chemo required. Mom told the Dr. “I could hug your neck”. This result was like an early Christmas present.
Dec. 23 was the bow on the present. She does not require any further treatment. The radiation oncologist told her she shouldn’t say “I have cancer but I had cancer”. He said “we will just keep an eye on you for the next 5 years”.
Now, through all of this, we know that the Lord has had His eye on her and His fingerprints have been all over her diagnosis. You see, she is 74 years old and mammograms are not routinely offered to women her age, you have to ask for one. But God had her Dr. order one. Mom didn’t know you have to ask for one after age 69. Remember the verse in Ps. 31:15 that says “ my times are in Thy hand”? Mom has told the Drs the Lord has had a hand in all of this. I know it. And at the start of all this, that is exactly where I placed Mom--- in His hands and I left her there!
And now, the care has quickly disappeared as was prophesied. Praise the Lord from Whom all blessings flow.

Cheryl (aka Nurse Cherry)

Thank you...Cheryl....Praise God is right!

No comments: