Wednesday 16 December 2009

The Mission

Here is a poem received from a friend and reader of this blog: Brenda Branscombe, from Petitcodiac. I asked her if I could put it on the blog, and she agreed. Enjoy!

THE MISSION

Christ, born in a manger
A very humble birth
Would change many lives
While He walked on this earth

He didn't look for wealth
Or try to capture fame,
To draw us to His Father
That is why He came

He laid aside His majesty
And all His glory from above
To fulfill the words of long ago
This was a mission of pure love

A love that came to us that night
And still remains for us today
A love so strong it calls us back
If we stumble or stray

When the star announced the place
Where Baby Jesus would get His start
Kings and shepherds bowed to Him
And held great wonder in their heart

The wonder that they felt that night
Would be felt for years untold
The love He offers all of us
It never will grow old

I did not see the manger
On the night He came to earth
But I see Him everywhere I go
And in Him I find my worth

I missed His first arrival
It was way before my time
But I was on His heart that night
And the blessings they are mine

And so each year around this time
I do my best to remember
That Jesus is with us all year round
Not only in December

As you take in all the festive things
Remember the great cost
Jesus willingly paid for us
So our soul would not be lost

From heaven and its splendor
To a little Jewish town
To the cross of suffering
Salvation has come down

If you have only read this story
But never felt it in your heart
Seek Him out this very day
It's never too late to start


THANKS, BRENDA!

No comments: