Sunday 13 December 2009

The Weekend

Man, the weeks go fast. I can't seem to keep up with the days! Just got home from a packed weekend which included:

1. Friday night practice session with the Stan Cassidy Rock Band (next Friday is our 'debut). This is a band I'm in for Doug's Christmas party, not really a rock band, but the majority of the music is rock, and I feel like I'm back in the 70s and 80s. I play the piano and sing.

2. To Saint John Regional Hospital on Saturday morning to see my Aunt (Mom's sister) in Intensive Care. She was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and is not doing well. Mom and I went in to see her and talked and prayed with her. I cried of course; very difficult for me to see her this way. Please pray for my dear aunt.

3. Back to Fredericton. Stopped in to the open house at CJRI radio station for some refreshments and to see everyone.

4. Up to Bristol to Jon & Alicia's, greeted with warm welcome. Stayed overnight. Played on the floor with the kids and slept by the fire. Practiced the mandolin.

5. Back to Fredericton Sunday evening and attended a concert at the Charlotte Street Arts Centre, where Catrina, one of my guitar students (she's part of what I call "The Flick Flack Girls") was singing.

6. Now to eat dinner at 9 o'clock!

A great weekend, and now back to normal living again. Although with our life, is anything normal?

Tomorrow I have two parties here at the house...The Soul Cafe Home. The BEADY Bunch is coming for BRUNCH, and the younger group (haven't got a name yet) is coming after I finish teaching. And of course, I'll be on the radio in the afternoon. I need an events organizer.

1 comment:

Maria! said...

Hey Mrs. Mac! I was studying for my psychology exam and you just popped into my head and I just had to come see on your blog how you are doing! I have been meaning to call, or at least get in touch! I am home on the 17th until the 4th, so if you get a moment (I don't know how realistic this request is with you and your busy schedule) could I stop by?
So glad to hear about the results of your check up! Love and miss you so much! - Maria