Monday 17 May 2010

Around the Province in Three Days

Another whirlwind of a weekend. Friday night found me and the girls up in Burtts Corner talking about Living, Laughing and Loving with a bunch of women and singing our hearts out. On Saturday, Doris and I took off in her red van to go to Moncton to surprise Laurie at her graduation from a counseling course. We were there most of the day, but took a side trip to Sussex to try and find Almira before she went for cancer treatment this week. She wasn't home, but back in Saint John, seeing her new grandbaby. A trip to D's sister for a cup of tea, cheese and crackers and some OxiClean to take out the stain in my new capris, and we were off to home again, jiggety jig. I settled in for a long spring nap, but got on the phone again for a long time. So much for rest

Sunday, Doug and went to Campobello for the day to see Jalene and Stefan Matthews. Spent a few hours with Jalene, crying and talking with her in the loss of Baby Hope. Very difficult time for them. Our hearts break for them as they deal with the loss of a precious baby. Please continue to pray for them.

Today I spent some time with Sandra, who just came back from the Holy Land. She and Randy had a wonderful time and planted a tree in our honor, so we are planted in Israel! Cool = I was so excited.

I just finished teaching for the evening. Three more weeks and I'm done the bulk of my students. It's hard to teach inside when it's so nice outside, and I just feel like I want to travel, travel, travel.

Must go call Natalie and hopefully take Mr. Doug out for a walk before bedtime.

2 comments:

Katie said...

You were in Sussex and you didn't come to see me?!?!?! Sadness. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey -- you're at Circle Square and I don't think I was close to that? But perhaps I was? Next time, girl! Sorry