Tuesday 18 May 2010

The Real Thing

It's been another busy day. Radio show, a stop at Platinum headquarters to drop of my new devotional for next month's issue, have a new picture taken (new hair colour, you know). Asked to write a column for a new paper for the river valley; will consider this. What would I write about? Hard to say.

CJRI is 5 years old today, so watched people eat cake at the station (I am a gluten-free girl). A stop off at Jed and Granny's to see what's happening there, and believe me, there is a lot. Jed damaged his new truck on Saturday night, so Granny is trying to organize repairs. Poor Granny. I told her she needs to live in the day; that's hard, isn't it? But Jed is sure cute, that's for sure. We're planning a camping trip this weekend, so Doug needs to get their trailer ready for them. He painted our RV white and cleaned it up real pretty tonight.

After visiting Granny (my mom), I came home to eat a sandwich and talk to Nat on the phone (I have spent a lot of time on the phone today it seems). Then, a drive in the country was needed to clear my head. Scooted out the Royal Road and up the Kingsley Road to Burtts Corner. Stopped at Birds Corner Store. Remember in the summer when you were a kid in a Coldstream summer (wherever that is), and you and Cuz Wayne walked down to the corner store, flipped open the chest cooler and took out a nice cool bottle of Coke (in a glass bottle?). Well, that's what I was hoping to find at the store, and lo and behold, there they were -- small 237 ml bottles of Coke in the cooler. It's the REAL THING -- Coke (not really, but it sounds good and felt even better on my throat). I bought two and downed one quickly as I drove through Keswick, savoring every cool swallow on my razor-blade feeling throat (Nurse Cherry also has one of these type throats). Woke up with a sore throat this morning. Doug was home all last week with a cold. So I'm fighting NOT to get it.

Taught music and talked on the phone for a couple of hours, then a walk to debrief with hubby. Now the hockey game. Quite a day. Praying for our friend, Almira, in the Saint John hospital who has lymphoma and starts chemo soon. Pray that her recovery astounds the doctors. And for Brenda Jaillet, still going through treatment.

So many things are happening it's hard to keep up with them. Good and bad, but the Lord is the Lord of them all.

No comments: