Wednesday 5 May 2010

Day #2

Day #2 with the new hair colour. Still not used to it. Taught piano all afternoon. Many parents didn't notice, but the kids did. They liked it. Made one parent cry when I told her my story about last year. She and her daughter are new to the music studio this year, and she didn't realize what I had been through until she noticed my hair colour change today. Just as I felt like I was looking at a stranger in the mirror the past few months, now I feel like I'm looking at another stranger. Who am I? Oh, someday I'll figure it out.

Went for a long walk tonight up the walking trail; visited with Doug's mom. She is very lonely. We feel sorry for her. What to do? It must be awful to lose your mate. I feel for all of you who have lost your loved one. Thinking of Janet White #1 right now and how she must feel after two years without Duane. Trying to get hold of Janet and have left her numerous messages. She must be in some foreign country again. Hope she calls me soon. Perhaps one of the 'chickens' can tell me where she is. (Only the chickens know who they are). I have so many code words in the blog that I pity the poor person who comes into reading it 'cold.'

Well, this coming weekend is going to be busy, busy, busy. Starts tomorrow morning with a trip to Samaria House in Sheffield (New Brunswick, not England). In the evening we are doing the music/worship for a healing conference at St Margaret's Anglican Church in Skyline Acres. We also do this on Friday night and Sunday night. Saturday night I'll be in Minto (Minto Baptist Church) sharing my story and singing a tune or two. Sunday morning you can find us at Morning Gate Church (our home base), where I will be leading music with some friends (Max is helping as well), and preaching the sermon as well. And since it's Mother's Day and since I'm a mother and all....Hope the congregation recognizes me -- they 've seen me go from black to bald to silver/black to this. I'm like a chameleon, I think. Change with the seasons. Isn't it great that we have seasons in life?

(Regarding the morning service: Oh, and Laurie on our team will be doing an interpretative dance in the service as well. Should be quite the service).

Then out to lunch perhaps, and back to do music Sunday evening at St Margaret's Church. I told our son that we were too busy to see him on Mother's Day and that we'd have to celebrate it another day.

Hey, Nat -- coming home for Mother's Day? Just kidding.

Please pray for all of our team as we go through the weekend.

Next week I have three doctors' appointments: Monday a plastic surgeon; Tuesday a ob/gyn doc; Wednesday is back to Dr. Broad and a blood test; six month check-up. Would appreciate your prayers.

Pray also for Almira on our team who was just diagnosed with lymphoma the other day. She is awaiting treatment options. It never rains but it pours, it seems. She is at peace, but of course, not excited about this! I feel for her and for Brenda Jaillet, who is a blog reader and friend, who is also going through treatment for breast cancer at this time. And one of my student's mothers, Sonia (who I asked for prayer a few weeks ago), undergoing her third chemo treatment. Wow. So much. We really need to rest in God's care and provision and love for us.

Pray means P.U.S.H. -- PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS....

deb

1 comment:

Pippin said...

Like your hair- you should see mine!