Monday 31 May 2010

Had a great weekend. Q and I hiked through the woods, got lost, but finally made it to Ashburton Head, where we sat far above the ocean and had a picnic. For three hours we ate and talked. Then we found our way back to civilization (got lost again), but we weren't worried for eventually you make it to the ocean if you're on an island, right? We came home, had a nap, ate some more and out to a ball game, then home again for more eating and sleep. Sunday, Q spoke in church and I sang a song. She had a great message. Linda and Michel came down to Grand Manan as well, and we ate together at Q's after lunch. It was a fantastic ferry ride back, with the sun and the wind.

After my radio show today, I prepared for my recital and had lunch with Doris. She washed my windows while I talked with her and busied myself with dishes and a pedicure. It's great to have friends who do your work for you. She wouldn't let me help her due to my wrist 'condition.' I will be SO glad to use my hands to full capacity. I did play the piano tonight, however, at my recital. The kids did great -- piano, guitar and singing. And the BEADY Bunch (Beth, Cousin Els, Ann H. and Donnie, a.k.a. my mommy), did a skit for the crowd. They were a hit! You're never too old to act silly, and you're never too old to do a bang-up job of playing the piano! Good job, girls!

Well, I'm really craving a DQ sundae right about now. It's a tradition every recital night. But I'm waiting for Doug who is next door at C & W's playing with trailer lights. Tomorrow night, he's going on an expedition to buy steel in Coldstream (wherever that is), so that he can begin inventing his pull-behind trailer/fuel container for our trip out west next summer. Hurry up Doug, I feel a caramel sundae is awaitin.'

Feels strange to be done teaching. Another strange thing was to be standing in front of parents and students this year conducting a music recital, when last year I was the recipient of a benefit concert at the same place and many of them were there. I am blessed to be alive and well. And very thankful.

Doug....!

No comments: