Thursday 20 May 2010

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 32nd wedding anniversary. Last year on our 31st wedding anniversary, we were in the oncology department at the Saint John Regional Hospital. I had a johnny shirt on, and Doug was waiting for me to come out of the treatment room, with my chest all marked up with magic marker, awaiting radiology treatment. Today, on our 32nd anniversary, I am very much alive and traveled to the oncology unit at the same hospital to visit Almira, who is undergoing chemo. I found it very strange to enter the hospital and realize I wasn't going for treatment, but going to administer 'prayer treatment' and encouragement to our dear friend.

We believe in God and we believe in prayer. Prayer works, people. Prayer works. Call out to the Lord of heaven and earth and BELIEVE!

We shall LIVE and NOT die, to declare the works of the LORD!

Max took Doug and I to Phillips Craig & Dean concert at Sunset Church tonight. Linda, Max, Randy, Sandra, Doug & me, Stephen & Janette, Carolyn and Brett, and I think Phenny was hiding somewhere in the crowd as well. Anyone else we know there? Great concert.

A bit overwhelmed from the day and very tired. Almost went to sleep driving from Saint John, and had to stop in Morell Park and have a sleep before I could make it home. Now to have some toast and go to bed.

Happy Anniversary, Doug. It's been another unusual anniversary, but thank God we're alive, by the merciful grace of God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary ! I was at the concert too. It was great.