Friday 14 May 2010

Yesterday on the radio, I reported that it was Ascension Day (because it was). Little did I know it, but I, too was going to ascend a hill. Doris and I decided to take a hike up Currie's Mountain, a dormant volcano (glad about that), and have a picnic. As we began the trek, I remarked it was Ascension Day – "Hey!" she retorted, "we are ascending the hill of the Lord!" And an ascension it was – had to stop several times to catch our breath. It is a steep mountain, and we were glad to get to the top and eat our potato salad, salad and fruit. One of the things people do in The Netherlands on Ascension Day is to take a walk, a cycle ride or do household maintenance. We decided to walk and ascend while we walked. Oh, it feels good to hike and eat. Alas, we had to descend the mountain and back into the real work – cooking, cleaning and teaching.

Today I taught Romans again at Bible study, taught the BEADY Bunch piano (although the 'B' is now my secretary and she works upstairs while I teach the EADY Bunch downstairs); jammed a sandwich in my face; took Mrs. Hwiggins home; rushed over town to pick up Carolyn, our webmaster ministry partner; stopped off at Gloria's for a going away party for Barb Beck who is going to Alberta (so long Barb; we love you); and home to get ready for a retreat tonight at Church of Christ in Burtts Corner. My theme? LIVE LAUGH LOVE. Should be quite a time. All are welcome. Well, at least if you're a woman. Want to come? Starts at 7 – free admission. Then we're going to a party at Janette's house at Greenhill Lake. Early Saturday morning may take us somewhere else. Time will tell, but you know I'll probably report it to you.

Happy Friday.

!Roving Reporter Deb

No comments: