Tuesday 21 December 2010

Flash Mob, Anyone?

Today was a day of flurried activity: radio program, wrapping, picking up Sam and we took a hurried trip to Keswick Valley Pharmacy to buy some last minute Christmas gifts, up the ridge and over to Scotch Settlement to see Janet White #1. Her house looks like Green Village -- trees everywhere, decorations galore. Beautiful!!! Had a cuppa tea and conversation, then a frantic trip back into town to drop off Sam, and get home in time to teach four students. Even made a recording of two 11-year-old boy guitar students for their parents for Christmas. After teaching, zipped up the hill to the Regent Mall to join the Fredericton Ladies Choir, where we sat patiently amongst all the people, and at 6:30, stood up all over the food court, singing "GO, TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN" in four part harmony. It was awesome. It is now on YouTube, so you can watch it.

Here are two links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76aPTlXapnk

and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7FpkD-1bo4

Just copy the links (one at a time) and paste in your web browser and you should be able to see what we did. It was wonderful and we want to do it again.

Home again to prepare for surgery -- cleaning up and trying to do things while I still have the use of two hands. And eat my supper, a tomato sandwich and cottage cheese. I missed lunch and supper, but had a nice helping of Laura Secord French Crisp ice cream at the mall. Why not? It's Christmas, and I'm having surgery YET again, so why not treat myself to my fav ice cream?

Cleaned up my office, Doug finished the students' recordings, and finished a knitting project for Christmas. Do you think I have enough time before tomorrow morning's surgery to complete another? I'll take it with me to the hospital just in case.

Well, I would appreciate your prayers once again for this surgery. My appointment is at 7:45 a.m. I should be home by noon. Cousin C and W are having a party next door tomorrow night, so am hoping to have a rest in the afternoon and take in that party.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get all of my Christmas cooking and wrapping done, but HEY, maybe the elves will show up again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers! I hope it went well.
How neat you were part of the Flash Mob! Haven't watched it yet, but heard about it. Will watch it now. So neat. :)

Krista