Tuesday 21 December 2010

The Weekend

The weekend in point form (considering it is now 12:13 a.m.!): (a 'sort of' point form)...

1. Friday afternoon -- a drive to Doakadelphia and beyond to sing Christmas carols with my guitar to Lloyd, an 88-year-old uncle of L's. I told him he was as old as the piano is long. He was blessed, and I enjoyed his woodstove in the kitchen. D. enjoyed some of his zucchini muffins.

2. Friday night -- a retirement party for R, who has just retired from the government. Lots of food, conversation and laughter, as we played Catch Phrase, and later did Jib Jab videos.

3. Saturday morning -- up river to Symonds to pick up a propane generator, and later to Jon & Alicia's to keep Afton, Jack and Ivy for the day and evening. Made bags to hang on their doors that D. sent with me. Pretended we had our own kids restaurant. The kids named it the "Chinese Dooga Beach Kids Restaurant." They all helped me prepare a veritable feast, and Ivy designed a new drink at the cupboard: "Water with lemon juice." All three kids were the chefs in the restaurant, and they decided to put their bathing suits on while cooking. You should have heard Jack pray at grace time. It would melt your heart. "Thank you for our family and that we love each other. For Mom and Dad, for Gram Deb & Papa and for our meal," etc. The kids had baths with their bathing suits on, as if they were at the beach. Three books and they went to bed like angels. Oh, they are such good kids. Hope they always stay that way. Croy went with Mom and Dad to Kings Landing Dinner.

4. Spent the night back in Coldstream (wherever that is), and we crept in quietly, up the back stairs to the Green Room. Immediately after getting into a 'double' bed, I fell out onto the floor and slept on the laminate floor all night, with a mat and a quilt under me. Not much sleep that night, for sure. In the morning, Aunt H. and Uncle F. told me that there was a foam mattress under the bed that I could have pulled out and slept on!

5. To church to sing with Amy and Robin -- Mary Did you Know and Breath of Heaven. We love to sing together. Saw Aunt Viv and Uncle Earl at church. Aunt Pippin, that is.

6. A meal at Aunt & Uncle's with Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and her Farmer husband. Dr. Quinn brought me some potion for my wrists. I like it and it seems to help somewhat with this pain I have.

7. Dr. Quinn, Doug, Aunt H and I went over to the Pirate's house for a couple of hours where they were having band practice. Of course, I got to play a couple of numbers with the band, and even played the drums for a couple of their songs. Considering I am only a beginning drummer, it was a miracle that I could play with them.

8. Down to the Undertaker's house to have a visit with them for awhile and show them some Jib Jab movies. Then back up to the Pirate's house to tune a banjo for a fella, have some hamburger soup and play some more guitar and sing with the Pirate.

9. Then it was time to go back to the Undertaker's House and try to heal his headache using a mandarin orange (although I'm not really like Dr. Quinn when it comes to healing), but he just laughed at me and I don't think his headache went away. We picked up Robin, who traveled with us and talked all the way home about kinesiology. Very interesting stuff, but don't expect me to repeat it. She and Amy had a great time talking, watching movies and sleeping this weekend.

10. Drove Robin to Kingsclear and noticed that my cousin Joe was there, Dusty's son (Pippin's grandson), so had to go inside and give him a hug.

11. Then it was time for Papa and I to head 'er home and retire for the night. I really need a rest. So, Wednesday, I will have surgery on my hand. Perhaps I will stay put for a day or two.

Today was busy with shopping and teaching til 9 tonight. Then Charles, Barb and Arend arrived to do some recording for the radio. (Precious Memories of a Christmas Past). I just got that all uploaded for my show tomorrow. Now, I believe it is time for me to go to bed. Tomorrow has lots of opportunities and a storm is supposed to be a'comin'

!Deb

No comments: