Friday 31 December 2010

Out with the Old, In With the New

Dec. 31, 2010. This is it, folks. Soon it will be January 1, 2011. Where has the time gone? Where has the year gone?

On this last day of the year, a unique thing happened here at the MacDonald house. My Christmas tree, having been up for three weeks, was a bit weary and worn. However, I still wanted a tree up for a party I'm having here next Wednesday night. So, my crafty friend, Doris, came up with a brilliant idea. I dismantled and undecorated the old tree, and she went to the tree recycling place at the middle school, where everyone brings their used Christmas trees to be chipped. She found the best one she could, tied it on her van and brought it to my house. I had the other tree ready for recycle, and she carted that outside. I rearranged the living room and she plunked that tree in the stand and put the lights on for me, and I got the pleasure of decorating my second tree of the season. If you recall, the last tree erected was the day that Croy was born -- Dec. 8th and Doris put it up and decorated it for me because I was busy with the new baby and teaching.

Thanks, D. It was nice to decorate my own tree this year, and I am doubly blessed to have two Christmas trees grace my home this year!

Out with the old, in with the new. This tree should do me another two weeks. I like to keep the season going. Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: