Monday 13 December 2010

The Weekend

Wow, what a busy weekend. How could I describe it? It was so jam-packed that this afternoon I had to have a nap on the couch.

Friday night -- Funktional Independence -- the Rehab band I'm in -- we performed our rock songs for the Christmas party, and then Doug and I were DJs for the dance. Got home after 2, and to bed after 3 a.m.

Up early Saturday morning -- traveled to Bristol to spend the day with Jon, Alicia, Afton, Jack, Ivy and Croy. Wow, this family is sure growing. Tried to fold laundry, do dishes, hold baby, play cars on the floor, have a nap on the couch, buy pizza, sing, and come home by 10. Doug got called in to work late Saturday night.

Sunday morning found us in Maugerville Baptist Church, where I played the piano for the service and sang with Dawn Marie. Got to speak a bit as well, about an experience I had the other day at Sears. Sunday afternoon, I picked up Max and Jed and we went to St. Paul's Cathedral to hear the 110 voice ladies choir that I'm supposed to be in (I'm on hiatus right now). The girls did a fantastic job. Granny, Beth, Ann, Judy at 100 other voices. And the Garden Creek boys choir were so cute. There was even some excitement in the crowd, as the paramedics had to come in with a stretcher and care for a woman who had had heat stroke or something. The choir sang on, though -- the show must go on, right? I hope the woman is OK.

Sunday night found us at D & K's house for coffee and conversation, a quick trip to D & L's, a drive-by Mr. Fix-it visit at Ann's house where Doug will fix some stuff there this week, and coffee at Tim Horton's with Bill til 10:30. Then I left my purse there and had to travel back and get it. Oh, where oh where is my brain?

There....then I thought today I would get organized, but checked my calendar, and realized I had a pre-op appointment for my surgery next week, so off to the hospital I went for an ECG and blood work. Saw Clark in CIU == Hi Pat! A trip upstairs to 3SE to visit Jake, who broke his leg in two places (Phen's son), a trip to see Doug who was falling asleep, a stop at Sobey's for a chicken where I talked to Carolyn, and finally home to make supper and have a nap.

Just finished teaching. Now will talk to Nat and relax. The rain is pouring outside. Just heard thunder and saw lightning. Isn't this weather strange?

That's what I did on the weekend. I have to get a lot done this week -- shopping, wrapping, cooking. Need to get everything done before next Wednesday as I will be a bit incapacitated with my hand wrapped up. But it will at least make me relax, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should call your band "Celebrity Rehab"