Tuesday 7 December 2010

The Mystery and Health Benefits of Ho Ho Ha Ha Ha

In my seminar, "Live, Laugh, Love," I tell of the new trend that laughter therapists are using: Saying, "Ho Ho Ha Ha Ha" with the audience until they all get laughing, thus increasing endorphins in the brain, feel-good hormones. Recently, I was speaking of this at an up-river ladies' night out, and a couple of days later I got a call on my answering machine left by a woman who must have been there. She chanted, "Ho, Ho, Ha Ha Ha" to me and hung up. Never left a name, nothing.

The mystery was solved this past Sunday night over at St. Margaret's Anglican Church. I was preparing to do the music and an older woman looked at me and chanted, "Ho Ho Ha Ha Ha!" I looked and retorted, "IT WAS YOU!" A Cheryl, from Nackawic, who happened to be at the meeting, and found my number in the phone book.

Then she told me that her heart races in the night and wakes her up, so you know what she does? She chants, HO HO HA HA HA aloud and her heart rate calms down, and she goes back to sleep.

Go figure. Will wonders never cease. God uses the funniest things I say and do to affect people's lives.

Must go teach for awhile.

No comments: