Thursday 9 December 2010

Thursday

This morning I spoke and sang at a womens' Bible study -- on Joy, and cried tears of joy == over a newborn baby, a new life, precious memories of Christmases past, and the hope that we are awaiting in the future -- a life without pain, disease, injustice, etc. Then we had a nice lunch.

Went shopping at Sears. Talked to a former student's parent and found out she had an irregular mammogram and was awaiting a core biopsy. I hugged her and said, "I know what that's like." She began to cry, and I told her I would pray for her for the next couple of weeks while she waits to have the test, and if the test is not good that I would talk with her. I told her to look at me and see that I was standing in front of her -- that I had gone through all that and more, and was still living and well. She said that gave her hope. She said "I guess I was meant to meet you today." I love to encourage people, and feel SO blessed to be able to help in any way I can.

I went to the Northside to my fav store -- Zellers. And went to pick up my father to help him shop for Granny. Can't say any more about that, since Granny reads my blog. We had fun, though. "Snail male" (that's what I call him because he walks so slow everywhere) had a nice time in the mall. And at Lawton's he picked up a couple of things to eat that he specifically told me not to tell Granny about (Brenda and Nat, I'll tell you on the phone). He certainly is cute!

Went to Doris' to have tea and stare at the Christmas tea for an hour. Her tree is lovely at her house, and the tree that she decorated at my house is lovely, too. Anyone need a tree decorator? She didn't charge my anything. Perhaps she's for hire.

To Maugerville to practice music for Sunday with my friend Dawn-Marie for an hour. Then home to have a 20 minute nap before we went out again to meet new friends. Also met two very active cats, three geckos and a cricket. But it was fun and we enjoyed it. Now I'm home with lots of energy again, and it's almost 11 pm. Doug is watching "Ice Road Truckers" and I'm going to watch a New Day episode that D & C told me to watch -- about resting.

Well, here goes -- I am resting, watching a video about resting. Is that a 'freedundancy," as Croy's father calls it?

Oh, now Doug is going to watch the resting video with me. I have a feeling he's going to rest his eyes while watching it -- he usually does this time of night.

Quite the day. Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

No comments: