Saturday 19 February 2011

Bombardier Ride, Anyone?



That 'anyone' today was me and Mr. Doug -- after the first race, we sauntered over to a 1947 (I think) yellow Bombardier. Looked like a big ol' yellow submarine. Well, let me tell you, it was the ride of our lives. The highlight of the day and our backs are paying for it tonight. Doug was the co-pilot (or so the driver said, though Doug didn't do anything but hold on). 'Peter' the pilot drove that over-sized Ski-Doo 'medium' speed he said, but it was like a roller coaster ride on the snow, over the frozen lake. Big gullies, deep ruts, through trees and bushes. Two girls -- me and a young elementary school girl, and three grown men plus Peter. It was awesome. What a thrill. Never did this before, why, I've never even been on a roller coaster. Don't need to now. I grew up with snowmobiles, but I've never experienced a ride across the snow like this one. As we traversed the rugged trail at an unhealthy speed, I remembered a phrase I learned from a Bahamian boat captain-- "Go with the waves, Lady, go with waves" (so I wouldn't get seasick). I remembered and followed his advice today so I wouldn't get snow sick!

No comments: