Monday 21 February 2011

Manic Monday? Day 4 in The Pas

Was today manic Monday? If you consider looking after an almost-three-year-old and a one-month old baby manic, then that's the kind of day it was. Up at 7:15 and just put Aiden to bed (it's now 8:15). I am the 'chief cook and bottle washer' so to speak, and have been spending oodles of time in the kitchen creating culinary delights. Natalie thinks she's at a 4 star hotel. This should soon stop as I will run out of ideas of what to cook. I've already decided I need to go on the internet for a menu planner for ideas.

It was cleaning day here at the DuBois' and Nat and I cleaned up a storm of a house (it actually was quite clean, but I just wanted to say that). Doug started working on the basement repairs, which he will be doing for the next three weeks.

My creations today included homemade chicken soup and cheese biscuits for lunch, and spaghetti, vegetables and peach yogurt cinnamon almond creation for supper. Then a bath for Sarah (she is adorable!) and a bath for Aiden. I'm all bathed out. I lifted weights while I watched Aiden play in the tub, then another body to wash. I'm all washed up, I think.

Speaking of weights, I went out this afternoon to go to the gym to lift weights, while everyone else in the house had naps, but alas, the gym was asleep, too. It is a holiday here in The Pas -- Louis Riel Day. So, I went to the only store open -- the north's equivalent of The Superstore -- Extra Foods. Even took a picture of it. Strange but true. I like a good grocery store.

Now it's time perhaps to relax or do my radio show. Since we are two hours behind New Brunswick time, it was rather difficult to get the show done this morning, what with children wanting food and all. But maybe I'm too tired to talk? It's late in my body -- haven't caught up yet to this time change. Doug and I are so tired when we go to bed. Child care is hard! There is always something to do. I remember now -- 30 years ago -- yes, it's coming back to me and now I'm living it. It's wonderful, but I know now why you have your children young and not in your 50's!

No comments: