Thursday 10 February 2011

In the News

I'm in the news again. The Daily Gleaner -- this Saturday's edition, in the insert. I was in the paper back in November as well. Don't know why I'm in the news of late. At least it's for a good reason and not as a criminal or something. I thank God for His acknowledgment of my life, and the opportunity to share a bit of my story with others.

I went to the gym at 0800 today. Dennis the Menace (my trainer) worked me hard -- large muscles on my legs. They didn't like it too much, and my heart rate elevated and wouldn't come down. He put me on the treadmill and I walked slowly and took deep breaths, trying to get it to lower. Alas, it 'fibrillated,' as I call it. My large muscles are feeling it tonight. But I feel GOOD, nonetheless.

Tomorrow -- a sleigh ride out at Els and Don's 'farm.' The Friday morning Romans group is going. Wonder if we'll see Ed, the talking horse stick his head out of the stall? Wonder if we'll make the news?

Another strange thing today: I got a letter from the Government of Canada Library & Archives asking me to send them copies of my instrumental music and music 'Live at the Lightspot' (a place I performed at in Saint John).

"We have recently seen a reference to the sound recordings, and we would like to obtain a copy for Library and Archives Canada," a quote from the letter. Strange but true.

Weird day -- a difficult work-out at the gym, an article in the newspaper about me, a letter from Library and Archives Canada requesting my music for its library. Also an old man at Tim Horton's asking Gloria where the radio station got me -- was I a broadcaster from Ontario or something? "No, she just walked in to the radio station and started," Gloria replied. "Well, she's something else." You got that right, Mister, I certainly am something else. In a strange way, I mean. Laugh at myself... You never know, do you? (Johnny Campbell used to say that to us all the time, for those of you who remember ol' Johnny).

I'm at a loss for words.

No comments: