Thursday 24 February 2011

Scrabble, Peanut Butter Cookies and Quiche

This morning after Sarah went to bed for the first time, Nat announced, "We're playing Scrabble." So to the table we went mid-morning, to play our beloved game. Took advantage of baby in bed and Aiden at pre-school. Doug downstairs putting sheetrock on the walls. He is repairing the damage done by the sewer system three days after Sarah was born.

Our game never finished yet, but I am ahead. Natalie picked up Aiden from pre-school and went to Alissa's for lunch. I chose to stay home, feed the baby, make lunch, peanut butter cookies and make preparations for tonight's entree -- quiche.

Sarah is now 9 lb 12 oz, the same weight that Jonathan was when I delivered him 31 years ago. She is a princess, and today I have dressed her in her Irish outfit. She looks ready to go on my 'musical tour,' if you know what I'm talking about. BTW, I am looking into arranging a musical tour to New York later this fall. If you are interested in going (or finding out more info), email me at debmac450@rogers.com or comment on this blog.

I just want to take this opportunity to applaud you mothers who are currently looking after children -- like Krista, Angie, and Kelly and Cousin C who keeps children in her home -- YOU deserve an award! It's not like I don't know what to do or how to do it -- it is just tiring for a woman of my generation.

You should see Sarah right now...she is nestled in Papa Doug's arms. He is feeding her. Precious. We are blessed with all these grandchildren. Wish you could be here.

Well, must go and clean up the kitchen yet again (not that I'm complaining; I actually enjoy it). And attend to the evening entree. And when Natalie comes home, I'm outta here -- to the gym to work out all the stress of baby care (LOL).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I feel honored, you mentioned my name in your blog! ;) Thanks Deb, love ya. Keep enjoying your time out there, as I know you are!

Krista

PS
When you get back home we need to plan a get-together, just to hang out and chat.

Anonymous said...

BTW??? Do you have to get on one of those big things that fly in the atmosphere??

Love to all,
S.S. Sis

Anonymous said...

i'm interested in a "musical tour" to anywhere!!!! ha, ha
missing you - happy to hear you are enjoying your time away!!!!!

Unknown said...

S.S. Sis -- "by the way" - BTW