Monday 7 February 2011

What a Wonder Full World Weekend







A jam-packed weekend at Greenhill Lake Camp. Theme was Wonder Full World. We all led sessions (I led Australia and Europe). We dressed up and acted our parts. Quite funny, we were. Sisters Act also sang all weekend. There were about 70 women there. A good time was had by all. Many new friendships made, as women talked at tables all weekend long and shared with one another. After hour activities were fun, too. Late night talks, prayers, and also late night laughter. Angie, Kim, Kelly from AWAY were the culprits who kept me up most of the night, as I told them strange stories about my life. Didn't realize I had so many stories to tell. Funny stories about rings and rivers and such. And later, late night football scuttles in the snow, as I tried to knock them down in the blizzard. (Just getting prepared to watch the Superbowl).

Saturday afternoon, Max led a skating teaching session and a few women showed their talents in the first annual Greenhill Lake Stars on Ice show. I didn't have any skates so I just watched. I didn't want to be landing on my newly surgicalized wrists. Max did a great job, and the girls loved it. I've included a picture of Sandra, Max and Marilyn.

Also, a picture of Jon's foursome, including Croy, who is now two months old.

And a picture of a strange snowman in my yard made by the daughters of laughter (Angie, Kim and Kelly).

I'm a bit tired tonight, after coming home yesterday and watching my favorite game -- football. The Green Bay Packers, the underdogs, won. Good for them. I like it when they win, although I was rooting for the Steelers for some reason. Just because Ann & Don know Ben Rothelisberger's family, I guess.

Anyhow, must go unload the dishwasher and get back into normal life. Have so much to do before we leave next week. But one day at a time.

No comments: