Saturday 19 February 2011

The Pas

















There's nothing like spending the afternoon lying on the couch with a baby on your chest, is there? We have been very busy since we got here, just with normal every day stuff of babies, cooking, laundry, plus the Trappers Festival.

We've taken in about four sled dog races here on the lake outside Nat & Josh's home. Yesterday, in minus 25 degree weather plus wind chill, I was determined to take pictures and see the race. The sound the dogs make before take-off is very eerie -- howling and chomping at the bit to get going, but once that gun goes off and 'they're off' you could hear a pin drop as the teams of dogs haul their master to victory some two hours later. I was surprised at the emotion I felt when they took off -- started to 'tear up.' It felt like I belonged her watching this. Perhaps I'm a northern girl. Or perhaps I'm just home wherever I am. Don't worry, Granny, I'm comin' home in a few weeks.

I joined the gym yesterday here -- the Wellness Centre, a project of three governments. What a beautiful place. You get in the door using your fingerprint. Feel like I'm a super-secret spy agent when I enter. There is a four lane walking/jogging track surrounding basketball courts, an extensive gym and weight equipment downstairs for those body builders, and an upstairs Life Fitness equipment, treadmills (with fans!), bikes that you take semi-real trips in the country (computerized), etc. And free weights, balls, medicine balls, virtually a totally stocked gym. Even better than the Good Life I pay dearly for in Superior City (Freddytown). I went today and worked out for 1 1/2 hours. It felt SO good to move my aching bones.

Had my picture taken with a couple of northern residents -- "Welcome to the North," Crystal said.

Sarah is extremely adorable, and we are having a good time holding, feeding, changing (not Doug), and loving on her. And Aiden is amazing. He talks all the time and comes out with the cutest things. RCMP man is as handsome as ever, and Natalie,of course, is beautiful and a great mother.

That's all for now. Enjoy the pictures. The days are so busy it's hard to get time to go on the computer. Children are a full time job. I remember those days, and it's good to be here.

No comments: