Friday 27 March 2009

The Girls from Norton


The girls arrived at 11:00 – Angie, Kim and Faye, all bearing gifts – a gift bag full of quilting goodies, so to speak, Nygard t-shirt and tote bag (Mr. Nygard raises an enormous amount of money for breast cancer), funky pink sunglasses, and a beautiful plant arrangement. We sat at the kitchen table from 11:00 in the morning til 3:30 in the afternoon, discussing every topic under the sun I think, going randomly from topic to topic as women tend to do. I think we could deem ourselves amateur philosophers. I made them muffins for brunch and then salad and frozen cappuccino for lunch, along with King Cole tea (the only kind in the Maritimes). Of course, we laughed a lot. They were good therapy for me. I hope I was for them – they all needed a day away, here at the Soul Café (that's what I like to call my place). Janet White #1 arrived with my quilt and a nice blue binding and we enjoyed some more laughter and pictures in the living room for another hour. Thanks, girls – you all made my day.

After a rest, Doug and I walked 20 laps at Willie Wonka. Felt good to get the muscles working and spend some quality time with Mr. Maple. Tomorrow, we hope to go up river again to see Jon's maple syrup operation and boil some sap. Must remember our lawn chairs to sit outside in the forest. A good day it 'twas today.

Then I realized that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given him—for this is his lot (Eccl 5:18).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you're feeling better than last week. You sound more like your upbeat self!

Love you,

S.S.Sis