Tuesday 3 March 2009

I know I haven't written much for the past week or so. I just haven't had it in me. I think I'm just tired. I haven't done email much, either. Sometimes we go through phases, don't we? This week has been good so far. Today I was able to exercise on the trampoline for about half an hour. Last week didn't yield much exercise, but that's understandable, I guess. I need to let myself off the hook. I've said this phrase many times to people over the years. Now I'm using it on myself. This afternoon I went to the OT director's house and we each started a baby quilt. Hers for her niece, mine for the next baby that comes along in my life. I know I'm going to have more grandchildren. I would like to have eight, but not sure if my two children are up to it. Six or seven will have to do.

It felt good to work with fabric – to cut it, to iron it, to sew it. How soothing. All the colours, and how you can make something beautiful out sewing little squares together. I need to be creative; a part of me is missing when I'm not. Whether it's music or crafts, or working with words, it's just me, I guess. And I gotta be me – since I'm not someone else. Now I'm not making any sense. To sew straight lines has a certain satisfaction to it. If you like to sew, you'll know what I mean. I had to lie down on the floor once and sit in the chair several times, but I made it through the afternoon. Mom came over and was the official 'rotary cutter' for the afternoon. She said she would only charge $650.00 for her services. I find she's a bit expensive, but worth it, as long as all her squares are square. We're going to continue working all week long, and see if we can actually get 'er done.

Doug is home now and I'm making maple glazed salmon, sautéed gourmet potatoes (I call them that; my own recipe which turns out differently every time), and vegetable mixture. We'll finish that off with sautéed bananas and maple syrup on yogurt for dessert. Might as well make it a maple syrup day. I can't wait til the syrup runs at the end of the month. Jon and Alicia are going to be in production, and we're hoping to participate in the 'sugaring.' Something to look forward to. Everyone needs something to look forward to in order to keep going. If you don't have hope, you cannot live.

1 comment:

The Sutherland's said...

I'm not much of a fish person but the sauteed bananas and potatoes sound good. Would you mind sharing the recipe please?