Thursday 30 July 2009

Go West Young Woman

We're all packed and ready to go. No, not on a jet plane, but in a van -- an adventure van. A Montana van, which may just go into Montana, on the way to Manitoba. The van is loaded with camping equipment, a futon to sleep on, my famous quilt that I made while on chemo, my violin (in case I want to destroy Doug's hearing on the way out), books, food, cooler, George Foreman grill, coffee pot, a two man tent (to put all the stuff in when we sleep), suitcases, an end table for Natalie, and last but not least, a dollhouse (Nat's). It was iffy as to whether to take the dollhouse, but hey, I wanted to be able to experience carrying a dollhouse across the country and shoving it into the tent each night. Perhaps I'll buy some Barbies en route to play with as well, considering it IS Barbie's 50th birthday this year. She was created in 1959, just like me. And since I look like Barbie and all...

I had my blood test today, and meet with Dr. Raza at 9 in the morning. Hopefully he will prescribe a new medication, and after getting that filled, off we'll go. I have been anxious all week, and have filled this week with people, activities and prayer.

Six years ago this week, Doug and I traveled out to Saskatchewan in a TransPort van, to begin a new life out west (or so we thought; we came home after six months). It was loaded to the gills (?) with everything we could stuff in it. Now we travel out west again, to celebrate life and each other, and the fact that I'm alive and well. A trip to celebrate my 50th birthday. I celebrated my 44th birthday then. Wow... so much has happened in my life since then.

Would appreciate your prayers for our safe travel and a happy reunion with Natalie, Josh and Aiden. I will blog when I get there, or perhaps even at campsites if they have wireless internet.

Well, here we go...

!Deb and !Doug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you arrived out West 6 years ago. Remember how you drove around Caronport and then decided you wanted to go home. I am thankful I had you for a neighbor for awhile. God bless your trip and visit. love, Deb M