Friday 31 July 2009

Doctor Visit

Met with Dr. Raza this morning. He did a physical exam, and gave me a prescription for an aromatase inhibitor. I am officially off of Tamoxifen and am taking my first dose of Arimidex momentarily! I have to have a bone density test when I get back from out west to get a baseline reading, now that I'm in menopause and taking this drug. He told me to take 1500 mg of Calcium and 800 mcg of Vitamin D.

To celebrate, I bought myself a new pair of earrings and some hair gel while waiting for the prescription to be filled.

What a relief. I told Dr. Raza how anxious I'd been, and he said "You are well." He told me to watch any symptoms and if they persisted, to come and see them. And that is what the three month appointments are for -- to track my progress.

So, we'll soon be on the road again! Thanks for praying everyone! God is good -- all the time. Have van (or any other type of motorized vehicle) -- will travel.

!Deb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you are cancer free?

Krista

Unknown said...

that is great news !Have a great trip and reunion. I find calcium citrate easier to take than calcium carbonate (on the digestive system.)

Unknown said...

yes!