Sunday 12 July 2009

Southshore Adventure -- St. Martins

We arrived in bonny St. Martins on Friday evening. Dale and Max were already there with their trailer, and Nurse Cherry, Katie, Allan and cousin Jessica were tenting as well. We enjoyed a campfire with them on Friday evening. Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day. Max and I walked to an estate sale on Main Street, then to the Quaco Library for another yard sale. After lunch, we went on a tour of the Fundy Trail by car, stopping at various lookouts to hike and look out. What a beautiful province we live in! We walked on the suspension bridge over the Big Salmon River -- the water was so clear that we could have seen salmon swimming had there been any. Max thought there should have been, considering the name of the river.

After a BBQ supper at Dale & Max's trailer, I convinced Doug to go biking down to the Caves. He's a wonderful man; he hates biking, but he does it because he knows I love it. My bike is like my motorcycle and horse all rolled into one. I feel so free on my bike. I made the trip without having to walk my bike up the small hills. We sat on the beach for awhile and watched the waves, then traveled back to another campfire at Nurse Cherry's campsite. At midnight we went to bed.

This morning we went to church. We saw Q's sister and her father there. Small world. Then a walk in the rain back to the campground. After lunch Doug tried to get connected to the internet up at the lounge/laundry building, but due to technical difficulties, he was unable to. I called Jon and Alicia and talked to Afton, who told me she wore a couple of bathing suits this weekend at the lake. She is so fashion conscious, honestly -- her life is all about her clothes, and she's only four! Jack told me he dropped his little John Deere tractor in the lake and lost it. Tragic for Jack. I told him he'll have to buy another one at the store. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open. Poor Jack -- that tractor meant a lot to him.

I went for a short run up the marsh beside the beach, in the rain. I was soaked when I got back, but it sure felt good. My energy is coming back, and I need to get in shape for The Run for the Cure in October. The campground we're staying in, Century Farms Campground, is donating the proceeds from their annual auction in August to Team Dancing Queen. I was so blessed to see this on the poster. Thanks, Linda and Byard -- you guys are great!

We watched a DVD this afternoon, and then decided at 4:30 to drive home to Fredericton, where I am writing this blog.

I will pick up Max in the morning and Mom and Dad will follow us in their trailer. Doug will go back to work. Someone has to pay the bills since I don't seem to be working. Man, is it ever hard to get into rest mode! I want to produce!

My emotions went a bit crazy this afternoon -- hormones, honestly. But my husband is so kind and understanding. He told me to tell me whenever that happens. Every day, I have up and down feelings. Many times a day I think about death -- it flits through my mind and sometimes it's almost unbearable. But I continue to pray and hope and feel the prayers of people. St. Martins church still has me on their prayer list, as do many people. They called out my name this morning in the service and my heart skipped a beat. I am so blessed to be prayed for. Prayer carries me; I know that. Please continue to pray for my peace and that no fear will touch me. I should not be afraid and need to keep my eyes on the Creator and the Healer.

I will try and post in St. Martins if the internet service becomes available.

Jonathan, our firstborn, is 29 years old today. It's hard to believe almost 30 years has passed since I had our beautiful blonde-haired boy. Happy Birthday, Jonathan Alton Douglas MacDonald. We love you.... !Mom and Dad x0

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you last journal entry was on my birthday - July 12th. I can't believe that I am 42 years old. Ok - Would you be ok with Dave, Max and I coming to visit you this Sunday in St. Martin's? Hope so, cause we are coming down!

See you then,

Love Kim

Anonymous said...

Me again, I just realized that your eldest shares his birthday we moi, horray!

Love you, Kim