Wednesday 8 July 2009

Prosthetic, Anyone?

Went on a bike ride this morning to McDonald's. Not to eat or drink, just to see the coffee crowd. Talked to M., one of Mom & Dad's coffee partners for a long time. Dad came and mowed my lawn, went home for lunch, came back and mowed some more. I asked him him how much I owed him -- "$55.00," he replied. If I'd known that, I would have done it myself. Good help is hard to find. He'll have to put it on my tab.

Janet White #1, Jessica and I went out to Jive's for lunch. We didn't jive, just ate. Then Jess and I went to Lawton's drug store where I had a prosthetic fitting. Got measured and stuffed, all for over $500.00. Good thing Doug has Blue Cross, some of it is covered. It was very strange having something there again, if you know what I mean. I felt like Jane Austen. No that's not her name... what was her name -- you know, the full figured woman from the 70's. Jane ______. Fill in the blank if you can remember.

I invited Jessica in to see my new body. We laughed. The fitter told me I have to put the prosthetic in its 'cradle' every night. I said, "Sort of like putting the baby to bed each night?" "Yes, that's right." It's so the 'baby' won't lose its shape and will be ready to go the next morning. I also get to bathe it each night. The bionic woman, yup, that's what I am.

"He makes all things new" the Bible says. Well, He's makin' this girl new -- new hair, new eyelashes (you should see them -- they're curly, and almost like they have mascara on them), new chest apparatus to wear. And I went to Nubody's today to see about a new body. Maybe I'll be a fitness trainer when I grow up. Every day I have a new career. Keeps my mind active.

This morning on the way back on my bike, I saw that someone had graffiti-ed (new word) something like "Thank the Lord for all His blessings" on a bunch of rusted steel bars over at the government garage. What a strange place to put graffiti, but I was thankful for it anyway, and am wondering who did it and why there. Just for me and every other passer-by I guess. It's nice to see some inspirational graffiti for once.

Well, I must go -- Randy dropped by and he's taking us out for ice cream in his new car. Oh, by the way, Cousin C got a new car, too: a cherrymobile just like Nurse Cherry's, although Cousin C is calling it "Ruby 2." Congrats, Cousin C. Everytime I look out the window now, I think Nurse Cherry is over there taking care of you.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hmmm, I wonder if that new prosthetic could be part of the Breastplate of Righteousness? :-)

The new do is you, !Deb. Can't wait to see it spiked. :-) oxo

Anonymous said...

Russell...... Jane Russell!!!
Penny B